Are You Well-Mannered?
Good manners are a sign of being polite and a true gentleman. Using proper vocabulary, not swearing, keeping your emotions in check, and being courteous are just some of the good manners every man should strive for.
Here’s a list of manners you should follow:
- Greet people back when they greet you outside, even if you don’t know them.
- Men can use their hands instead of chopsticks to eat sushi regardless of what others think.
- When you’re out with friends, family or your partner, never check your phone and social feed. It’s a sign that you’re bored and not interested in hearing what they have to say.
- When finding your seat in a cinema or theater, you should face the people you pass on your way.
- If you’re planning on texting all night long, don’t ask people to go out with you.
- Polite and well-mannered men respect all women.
- Empty conversations over the phone are pointless. Only answer the phone when it’s really needed.
- Always thank people for helping you with anything.
- Men should carry a lady’s coat to the cloakroom, but women should never ask men to carry heavy bags.
- If you make a mistake and your apology is accepted, make sure to never do the same mistake again.
- Age, honor, affairs, religion, wealth, medical problems, family problems, and disgrace are things you should keep to yourself.
- Don’t talk or laugh loudly and never stare at people – it’s very impolite.
- When driving your car, make sure not to splash pedestrians.
- Greet everyone when entering somewhere regardless of your social status.
There are many other rules which are a sign of politeness, but we’ve handpicked the most important ones. Following them will make you a better person and the world a better place because of it.