In case you have a great problem with mice, then this is the right article for you! Now, you can forget about all the traps and dangerous poisons, since we have a perfectly natural solution for you! It’s peppermint plants! They’re amazing because of their smell, but they can also repel ants, spiders and even mice!
These plants can be seen as white and black. The white has a lighter aroma and color while the black one is with a stronger scent as well as darker leaves. They need plenty of drainage, water as well as sunlight. Still, any home would benefit from them and love them!
Keep Pests Out
Peppermint repels pests and it’s completely natural. Its smell is amazing to us, but to pests it’s extremely unpleasant.
It is good for our pets since it’s friendly e.g. it isn’t toxic. In this article, we’re going to present you how to prepare a spray that’s completely natural and you can use anywhere you like!
Make Your Own Peppermint Spray
You can buy oil or prepare it. Any way you want to.
- Mortar and pestle
- Fresh peppermint
- Light base oil (almond oil or grape seed)
- Small dark bottle to store
- Jar with lid
- strainer or cheese cloth
1. You should collect all of the peppermint leaves when the oil is the strongest in the morning.
2. Rinse them well using cold water and then pat them to dry them.
3. Bruise the leaves gently using the mortar and the pestle. In this way, they’ll release the amazing oils.
4. Then, use a saucepan to heat the oil.
5. Add it so that it can cover all of the leaves inside the jar.
6. Mix everything with a spoon. Make sure all of the oil is spread through the leaves in equal amounts.
7. Shut the jar tightly and leave it to rest for 1 month.
8. After that period passes, pour it through the cheesecloth or the strainer and discard the leaves. Leave the oil inside the bottle.
9. Use 1 part of oil for 9 parts of water. Shake everything well. Spray anywhere where you have seen pests in your home. Spray freely! It isn’t dangerous for your pets or children!
Peppermint plants are amazing and refreshing for your home! It will smell nicely and fresh and you and your family will all benefit from it greatly!