Sleeping disorders have become pretty common around the world nowadays. They affect millions of people around the world with insomnia being the leading sleeping disorder. Insomnia manifests through the inability to fall asleep or the inability to sleep through the whole night and can have serious consequences on your life.
As sleeping is essential for our health, our body won’t function properly without it. Most people try to treat the problem with sleeping pills, but due to their harmful side-effects, it’s best to take a natural approach against insomnia. Such a remedy exists and we’re going to show you how to prepare and use it.
The remedy we have for you today is highly effective against insomnia and has helped thousands of people resolve it. It will help you fall asleep pretty fast and wake up full of energy you need during the day. The remedy is completely natural, consisting of only 2 simple ingredients – cinnamon and honey.
How does cinnamon help us fall asleep?
Cinnamon is a powerful sweet spice we mainly use in our desserts and drinks. It has a nice flavor and contains essential nutrients which our body needs on a daily basis. Cinnamon can regulate our blood sugar levels especially overnight, preventing the glucose spikes from waking us up. Cinnamon can also boost our blood circulation which is especially great if you’re suffering from cold hands and feet overnight.
How does honey affect our sleep?
The sweet viscous nectar is composed of 2 natural sugars which our body can break down easily. Honey is great for our overall health – it contains a mix of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes that can certainly improve our health. The nectar ranks pretty low on the GI scale, which makes it a perfect food for diabetics.
According to studies, honey can induce proper sleep. It will provide the liver with a steady supply of glycogen and prevent it from storing it as fat. The liver has 75-100 gr. of storage space reserved for glycogen, a variable storage space for men and women of different ages and weight. Our body can consume up to 10 gr. of glucose per hour, leaving the stores low before 11 PM.
Here’s how to prepare the amazing remedy:
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 oz. milk
Add the milk in a saucepan and start cooking it on medium heat. Before it boils, remove it from the stove, add the cinnamon and honey and mix well until everything combines. Consume the drink an hour before going to bed in order to regulate your glucose levels and fall asleep easier.
Besides helping you sleep better, honey has other benefits for our health. Here are some of the main ones:
- Honey is rich in various essential nutrients which can boost our immune system.
- Consuming honey regularly can reduce fatigue.
- Consume honey every day to treat anxiety.
- The nectar has powerful antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties which can help in cases of various infections.
- Consume honey in cases of a sore throat to soothe the pain.
- Consume honey to neutralize acids in the body and alkalize it.
- Rub some honey on your skin to treat eczema.
- Consume honey every day to reduce your high cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease.
- Mix a bit of honey with some ginger juice and consume it to clear your sinuses.
- Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, the sweet nectar can reduce inflammation.
- Honey can treat many digestive problems including acid reflux and indigestion.
- Consume honey every day to boost the beneficial bacteria in your gut.
- Honey can soothe your intestinal lining, effectively preventing ulcers.
- Consume honey to reduce the metabolic stress in your body.
- Honey can treat many allergies, including hay fever allergy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey in a glass of water, then rub the mixture on your skin to reduce inflammation and irritation.
- Pour a glass of water and add a bit of honey in it, then mix well before drinking the remedy to treat headaches.
- Honey works great for hangovers – mix it with 70 ml. yogurt and 80 ml. orange juice and drink the mixture to feel better instantly.
- If you’re suffering from nocturnal leg cramps often, drink a cup of water with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- To eliminate your bad breath, drink a glass of water with a bit of honey and cinnamon.
When using honey, make sure it’s organic. There are too many fake honey brands on the market which are full of sugar and nothing else and can have detrimental effect on your health.