The type of personal information we collect
We recognize the importance of our visitor’s privacy and we aim to preserve the Privacy by all means. The information furnished herewith will inform you on the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use (operate) and visit alternativehealthuniverse.com, and how we safeguard your information. You can be assured that your personal information is never leaked or sold to the third parties and they are well protected by us.
- We collect certain personal information about visitors to our Site
- The most common types of information we collect include things like: email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, content you direct us to make available on our Site (such as item descriptions) and web analytics data.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a comment.
The personal information we collect about you from others
- Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources.
- Other third party sources, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service. We also receive information about you as a rights holder from our third party authors. For example, information in the form of a model release when your image is used in an item made available on our Site.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests.
These interests include:
- operating the Site
- providing you with services described on the Site
- updating you with operational news and information about our Site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide
- monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potentially fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters)
- providing general administrative and perform functions and activities
Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about services which we feel may interest you
- For purposes which are required by law
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
When we disclose your personal information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers; technical and customer support services;
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity
- For users who do not leave comments on the Site, we will not store any personal information of yours.
- For users who leave comments on the Site, we will not use or disclose your personal information (that is, your email address) but will store it for as long as your comment is displayed below the article under which you left it.
For contributors, we will use your personal information:
- to send and respond to emails from you
- to manage our interaction with you
- to maintain our records and databases
- to carry out statistical analysis
- for administration, accounting, marketing, and archival purposes
We will hold your personal information for as long as we need to in order to comply with our legal obligations. You may request for your personal information to be deleted at any time by emailing us: email@example.com
Deleted content may persist in backup copies for up to one year, but will not be available to third parties.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
We are based in the United States so your data will be processed in the US. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers.Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls.
How Long We Keep Information
We keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to our website, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic and investigate issues if something goes wrong on our website.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about articles that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account.
We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address
- the domain name you requested
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it
- the website which referred you to our Site
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
Our Site is not suitable for children under the age of 13 years, so if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use our Site or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Site for you!). If you are from 13 to 18 years, you can browse the Site, but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Site.
The information you make public or give to others
When we need to update this policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our privacy officer in writing at e mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
- You are also entitled to ask us to post your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We also visualize third party advertisements on alternativehealthuniverse.com,to support our site. Few of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site that also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program and other ad agencies) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser used by you to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have installed Flash. Such application is generally applied for geo-targeting purposes, e.g., (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York) or showing certain ads, based on specific visited sites (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, it can affect your ability to interact with our site as well as other websites and it may include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Unless, you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
No personally identifiable information is shared with the Website’s ad providers.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at: email@example.com.
Sensitive Personal Information