Numerous parts in the world practice drinking oregano tea. They use it to treat numerous different illnesses and diseases. This type of tea is abundant in compounds that are extremely important like: eriocitrin, quercetin, apigenin-7-O-glucoside, luteolin-7-O-glucoside, apigenin, rosmaric acid and luteolin.
Oregano contains phytonutrients which are extremely valuable as antioxidants. Those are rosmarinic acid and thymol. They can help you inhibit the oxygen-based damages caused to the cells in our body. According to numerous studies, oregano has a very strong antioxidant impact in our body. This impact is much stronger than 2 of the synthetic antioxidants which are regularly added in processed foods have. They are BHA (butylated bydroxyanisole) and BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene).
According to a particular study on oregano tea, it has been scientifically proved that drinking this tea can help you decrease the LDL levels e.g. bad cholesterol levels, as well as offer you an abundance of antioxidants.
Plenty of compounds present in oregano can help you fight cancerous cells. Its amazing phytochemical called Quercetin is able to promote apoptosis as well as slow down cancer growth.
According to another scientific study, oregano extract managed to improve the main indicators of cancer in lab animals with colon cancer. Still, the results haven’t been confirmed on human subjects and oregano tea still needs to be researched.
Oregano Tea Recipe to heal sinusitis, infections and strep throat
- 2 and ½ cups of water
- 4 or 6 tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey (make sure it’s raw)
- Tea strainer
- First, chop the leaves so that they can release their oils.
- Leave the water to boil for 10 minutes.
- Then, add the oregano leaves in the water. Leave it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture. After that you can add the honey.
- Drink this tea hot. Only in that way you’ll be able to ripe all of its best benefits.
Oregano tea uses:
- Parasites, constipation, fungus;
- Headaches, coughs, swollen glands, bronchial problems;
- Bloating, indigestion, urinary problems, excess of gas;
- Canker sores, Lyme disease, E. coli, colitis / gastrointestinal disorders;
- Warts, depression, flu, athlete’s foot and head lice;
- Colds, eczema, ear infection, back pain and sprains;
- Fatigue, allergies, bleeding, burns;
- In fact, you can try it on any health problem! You’ve got nothing to lose! It’s a natural and cheap alternative to the dangerous medicines!