One of the most valuable ingredients that you can add into your everyday diet are eggs. They contain plenty of beneficial nutrients, fats and proteins. The most important ones include the antioxidants called zeaxanthin and lutein as well as choline. You can eat them as much as you like.
If your eggs are of a high quality, you’d better not cook them, since it would be the best to eat them raw.
6 grams are included in every egg. They’re highly nutritious, but the thing which annoys most people is how to cook them. If you don’t have time to cook them, the yolk will be liquid. If you cook it too much, it will look like a rubber.
That’s why we’re here today! We’re going to present you an excellent way of cooking, but also peeling a hard-boiled egg.
This Is The Proper Way To Boil Eggs
One of the most difficult things for you if you’re a beginner in cooking would be how to cook an egg properly. The consistency of the egg could be a very difficult thing to acquire. It’s mainly about the time to get the proper texture and hardness of the egg.
According to an article published recently, here’s the perfect way to boil an egg:
- First, you have to boil some water and then put the egg inside. You can also put the egg on a steamer in a pot that will be covered and steaming on the highest.
- If the water is boiling, you have to decrease the heat to simmering.
- If you want to obtain hard-boiled eggs, you should cook them for 11 minutes and if you want them to be soft, cook them for 6 minutes.
- If you want to serve cold eggs, you should put them in very cold water immediately. They should chill like that for 15 minutes. If you have the time, leave them in the fridge overnight. Peel your eggs under cool running water.
Here’s How To Create The Best Hard-Boiled Egg
Here are some interesting tips that will help you peel your eggs in the best way possible.
- Older Eggs Are Far Better
If you buy eggs from the supermarket, you won’t have a problem with the process of cooking because the eggs have probably sat for 30 days before they have been packed. But, if you buy organic eggs, from a local farm, the best thing would be to let them age for several weeks before you decide to boil them. If they’re very fresh, they will stick to the shell. The best eggs are organic laid.
- Get Them From The Counter Or From The Fridge
When you want to start the process of cooking, it doesn’t matter if they’re on room temperature or you have just gotten them out of the fridge.
- The Water Should Be Boiled First (You Can Also Use Steam):
If you want to acquire an egg that would be very easy to peel, you’d better put your eggs in water that’s already boiling. It’s very important for the egg white to be cooked slowly.
- When It Has Boiled Quickly, You Should Decrease The Heat
If you want to get the best boiled eggs, you’d better put them in boiling water for 30 seconds and then decrease the heat to simmering.
- Cook Your Eggs On Steam
Putting your eggs on a steamer part is also a great way of cooking them nicely. You won’t need to decrease the heat like you do when you boil them.
- Don’t Use Baking Or Pressure-Cooking
Don’t use baking if you want to have nicely cooked eggs. You shouldn’t use pressure-cooking, too.
- Put Your Eggs Into Icy Cold Water After Cooking
When the eggs are cooked, put them in icy cold water. They’ll be peeled very easily.
- Chill Them Before You Peel Them
When the egg is cooler, it has a peel that will be easier to remove. You’d better cool them well in the fridge before you decide to peel them.
- Peel Them Under Running Water
The best way to peel a hard-boiled egg is under running water.
How Long Can You Keep Hard-Boiled Eggs?
People believe that hard-boiled eggs can be stored for a longer period of time than raw eggs but that’s wrong. You can store raw eggs for 4 to 5 weeks, but make sure you don’t expose them or crack them. When they’re not peeled, they will last for 7 days and if you peel them, they will only last for 1 day.
Another bad thing is to freeze cooked eggs. You’d better put them into an air-sealed container. Refrigerate them at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or even less.
The smell is the easiest way to see if your eggs aren’t for any use. They’ll have a rotten odor or smell very unpleasantly. The color change won’t show you, because it depends on their time of cooking. If you overcook an egg, its yolk can even become green on the outside.
What Are Eggs Good For?
Many people believe that it is bad to eat eggs very often because they’re high in calories, but that isn’t true. Eggs are abundant in saturated fats that are excellent for good heart. According to some very famous researchers:
- You can even consume up to 6 eggs a week. They won’t increase your chances of acquiring an ischemic stroke or any kind of stroke.
- You can even eat up to 2 eggs every day and it won’t affect your cholesterol levels or your cardiovascular health.
- Eggs contain plenty of proteins that are good for our blood pressure.
- According to a survey performed in South Carolina, there isn’t a connection between the dietary habits that are “bad” and the levels of blood cholesterol. Those habits include: eating animal fats, whole milk, red meat, bacon, fried foods, sausage, butter, cheese and eggs.
As we have just mentioned previously, it would be the best for you to consume raw eggs. 2 egg yolks that are raw are equally beneficial as half a serving of cranberries (25 grams) because they’re full in antioxidants. When you boil or fry eggs, this antioxidant capacity decreases. If you want to eat healthy eggs, avoid eating scrambled eggs. In this way, all of its nutrients are destroyed.
What Do You Need To Know To Choose High-Quality Eggs?
Eggs which are laid on a farm are far better than eggs bought in the supermarket. They’re less likely to acquire any disease like salmonella.
It is considered the eggs come from a good farm if they were only fed with organic food, because commercially raised eggs are mostly fed with GM corn.
According to recent researches, eggs that come from hens grown on a pasture contain:
- 7 times more beta-carotene
- 3 times more vitamin E
- 2/3 times more vitamin A
- 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
The eggs bought in the supermarket can also have wrong labels, so be careful about what you’re buying.
Buy Eggs Locally
The best ones for you are eggs that you’ll buy from a local farmer. Try to find some people that live in a rural area and take care of chickens.
You can also visit food coops or farmers markets since there you can also find people who raise their own chickens and have a chat with them about everything you want to know.
If Your Egg Has A Yolk With Dark Orange Color, It Is Of High Quality
The egg yolk can tell you if your egg is pasture or it’s free range. If hens are foraged, they’ll produce eggs that have bright orange yolks. Pale yolks are usually a sign that the egg is from a caged hen which didn’t have a natural diet.
Try to avoid eggs labeled as omega-3 eggs because they usually come from poorly fed chickens.
Here’s An Interesting Trick To Peel Eggs But Without Peeling Them!
Here’s another interesting way to see how you can get a nice hard-boiled egg without peeling it:
- Put the eggs in a pot and cover them with water. Boil them on low heat for 12 minutes.
- Put them in cold water to cool them, but add 1 teaspoon of ice and baking soda. The soda will increase the pH level, but also decrease the adherence.
- Then, crack the top of the egg. Make sure you remove a very small piece.
- After this, crack the bottom (wide end) of the egg. Remove a small piece from there, too.
- Hold the egg in one hand. Blow strongly into the narrow end of the egg. It will help you expel the egg out of its wide end. Catch it!