You probably know dates as the fruit your grandma talked about all the time. In the past, people used dates as a way to fix digestive problems. It’s all thanks to their nutritional profile. Dates are incredibly rich in fiber as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
Let’s take a look at what 100 gr. of dates contains:
- Fiber: 7 gr.
- Protein: 2 gr.
- Carbs: 75 gr.
- Vitamin B6: 12% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 14% of the RDI
- Iron: 5% of the RDI
- Copper: 18% of the RDI
- Potassium: 20% of the RDI
Apart from these nutrients, dates are also full of antioxidants such as carotenoids, flavonoids, and phenolic acid. These amazing nutrients can treat a wide range of health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, and even some types of cancer.
The Main Health Benefits of Dates
- Due to the high amount of potassium, dates can reduce the risk of stroke by 40%.
- Dates will improve your digestion and detoxify your body, effectively improving your overall health.
- Drink a smoothie made with dates every day to reduce the risk of heart problems.
- Thanks to the presence of lutein and zeaxanthin, dates can effectively reduce the risk of macular degeneration and other eye problems.
- As we already mentioned, dates are full of fiber, making them a perfect remedy for digestive problems such as constipation.
- The high magnesium content of dates can boost your blood flow and effectively lower your blood pressure.
- Dates contain a lot of calcium which will improve your bowel movements and support your digestion.
- Thanks to the rich presence of iron, dates can improve the oxygen flow to the brain and keep your memory sharp.
- Thanks to their high fiber content, dates are the perfect fruit for losing weight.
- Drink a smoothie with dates and cardamom to boost your libido.
- Thanks to the high phosphorus content, dates are great for your brain capacity.