Mold – a Silent Killer
No matter how hard it is to admit that our home is mold-free, we all have it in some corner of our home. Now, a few small patches of mold are not that serious, but if you don’t resolve the problem on time, it will definitely spread like wildfire. That’s where the big problems start. Once mold spreads on your walls, it will start releasing spores that can seriously harm your health.
Most people don’t think too much of mold until it spreads too much. Unfortunately, it may be too late at that point. The tiny fungi living in your walls can harm your immune system and cause a lot of inflammation in the upper respiratory tract, leading to breathing problems. Those symptoms may be similar to allergic symptoms, but make no mistake – they are not one and the same.
Mold illness is not anything to be trifled with. It’s a serious problem that can ruin your health and the worst part of it all is that you might not even be aware of the mold in your home.
Here are some symptoms of mold illness you’ve probably been ignoring:
Unexplained Muscle Pain
Muscle pain is normal if you’re working out or lifting heavily. However, when it occurs out of the blue, it may be due to mold illness. It can be accompanied by muscle cramps and soreness anywhere on your body, so if you notice this symptom, make sure to check your home for mold.
Pins and Needles
Remember those pins and needles you experience from time to time? What if we told you they might be caused by mold illness? If you’re often experiencing this symptom, check your walls for mold.
Brain Fog and Memory Problems
Mold illness has been known to cause memory problems and brain fog. When the fungi spores reach your bloodstream, they will make your brain sluggish and cause difficulty focusing. This may be accompanied by frequent headaches, which are another sign of mold illness.
Yes, those nasty mold spores can also cause digestive troubles. Constant mold exposure can lead to diarrhea, nausea or lack of appetite, so if these are symptoms you experience often, get your home checked for mold.
Difficulty breathing and allergy-like symptoms are the most common symptoms of excessive mold exposure. If you leave the problem untreated, it could lead to bigger respiratory problems and may potentially end badly.
If you suspect mold in your home, get it checked right away. Mold requires serious attention and it’s vital to address it as soon as possible in your home. If you don’t, it can even have potentially fatal consequences.