When spring comes, the weather starts to get better every day. It’s getting warmer, but numerous pests appear in our homes. Among them, the most common are ants. We can find help in pest control services, but they can be really expensive. Here, in this article, we’ve decided to present you some very cheap and effective ways that can help you get rid of any ant at your home!
How To Prevent Ants From Getting In Your Home
One thing you should do is to try and prevent them from getting inside your home. Ants love things that are sweet. Their sense of smell is very developed and incredibly strong. Make sure you avoid leaving food in your cupboards or on the counter. They can find it immediately. An empty can of soda can also be dangerous since sodas contain a lot of sugar.
How To Get Rid Of Ants
Unfortunately, even if your home is very clean and your food is always protected, ants can attack you. Here, we’ve prepared you several natural tricks that you can do on your own and prevent ants from attacking you!
Ants really hate the smell of cinnamon!
- Cinnamon cloves (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon essential oil
- Cotton balls or cloth
What to do:
- First, you should mix the cinnamon oil with the water.
- Then, use a cotton ball or a cloth to soak it into this mixture.
- All of the areas where you’ve seen ants should be wiped with this soaked cloth or cotton ball.
- Repeat the procedure once a day every day until you see that the ants are gone.
- Leave some cinnamon cloves near your windows and doors to increase the protection.
The smell of vinegar will also help you repels ants.
- Lemon essential oil
- Distilled vinegar
- Spray bottle
What to do:
- First, you’ll have to mix equal parts of water and distilled vinegar into the spray bottle.
- Then, add several drops of lemon essential oil in the bottle.
- Remember to shake it well before every use.
- Spray everywhere you’ve seen ants appear.
- Repeat the procedure every day until you’ve noticed ants disappear.
You’ll have to attract as more ants as possible so that they can take the food into their nest and share it with the others. The borax hidden in the food will kill them immediately!
- 1 teaspoon of borax
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Sharp object to poke holes with
- A plastic container with a lid
What to do:
- First, all of the ingredients should be mixed in the container.
- Shut it tightly using the lid. Then, use the sharp object to poke several holes in the lid as well as the sides. That will help you attract the ants inside and out.
Here, we’ve also prepared you a video that will show you more tricks and you’ll manage to get rid of ants from your home as well as your yard.
If they are persistent and you still can’t remove them, make sure you call a professional. It will help you prevent them for a long period of time and you’ll save more money!