Although folk medicine has been used as the primary source of medicine in some cultures for centuries, western society has started grasping their incredible benefits in the last few decades. One of the most popular remedies in the past was a mixture of castor oil and baking soda. Both ingredients offer numerous health benefits on their own, but they are far more powerful when combined.
Castor oil has mainly been used against hair and skin problems, but studies have shown that it can also help with the treatment of other serious diseases. It can improve your circulation and can be used in the form of a coating against various digestive disorders.
Just clean the area where you want to put the oil on with baking soda and water, warm up the oil, soak a gauze in it, then apply it on the affected area, wrap with plastic foil and put a hot water bottle on top. This method has been used to relieve numerous digestive problems and improve the function of the digestive system and liver as well.
The coating should be left to work for an hour, and the whole process should be repeated several times a week for best results. According to doctors, castor oil has a positive effect on our system, and can treat more than 20 diseases and conditions, especially when mixed with baking soda.
These are some of the health benefits of the mixture:
- When applied regularly, the mixture can treat and prevent pilonidal cysts;
- If you’ve recently hurt your ankle or joint, apply a castor oil coating on it to reduce the pain and accelerate the healing;
- Castor oil can also accelerate the healing of minor cuts, scratches and burns;
- Use the mixture on the dark spots on your skin to easily fade them;
- If you’re suffering from cataract, you need to put 1-2 drops of the oil in the affected eye every day;
- The oil can deal with chronic coarseness as well as vocal cord nodules;
- Rub castor oil in your stomach every day in order to reduce the appearance of your stretch marks;
- Take 5 drops of the oil per day to resolve any kind of allergy;
- Rubbing a bit of the oil on your eyelids every night can help you get rid of cataract;
- Take a few of drops of the oil every day to stop smoking and drinking;
- Use castor oil on your head regularly in order to boost hair growth;
- Put a few drops of the oil in your ears to improve your hearing;
- To relieve tinnitus, consume 7-8 drops of the oil every day for 4 months;
- Apply a castor oil pack on the painful area of your back to treat back pain;
- Use a castor oil pack on your belly to treat diarrhea;
- Apply a bit of castor oil on your warts every day to get rid of them quickly;
- A mixture of castor oil and baking soda can successfully eliminate fungal infections such as Athlete’s foot;
- Massage the mixture on your soles to prevent the buildup of calcium deposits;
- Castor oil is works like a charm against moles – just rub a bit of it on the affected area and they will soon disappear;
- The mixture of castor oil and baking soda can relieve the swelling and irritation caused by insect bites;
- Apply a castor oil pack on your stomach every night before going to bed to prevent sleep apnea;
- Castor oil and baking soda have been known to help chemotherapy patients with the symptoms;
- Apply a castor oil coating on your child’s belly to treat hyperactivity.