If you know someone with a migraine, you probably know that the pain is very intensive and similar to throbbing.
There are some migraine pains which are so bad and cause sensitivity to sound and light as well as vomiting and nausea. In some cases of migraine people also experience depression, a stiff neck, food cravings, moodiness, diarrhea or constipation.
Even some foods can trigger the appearance of a migraine, like for example red wine. In case you or someone you know is suffering from a migraine, consult with your doctor to discover the causes, the type of your migraine as well as what you can do about it.
Chemical And Natural Causes
The Mayo Clinic claims that most people who have any type of migraine also suffer from imbalance of chemicals in their brain. Their levels of serotonin levels are usually very low and that causes a very severe pain to occur. Some nutritional deficiencies can also cause it: caffeine, MSG, chocolate, alcohol, aged cheese or stress. Also, weather or air pressure can cause a very severe migraine.
Your body is balanced when you intake the nutrients it needs every day, with every meal, so when you miss out a meal, you don’t intake these nutrients. People who have migraines often have a lack of B12 and riboflavin in their body. According to various studies, migraines will be reduced in even 50% if the person consumes riboflavin regularly.
Why Grape Juice Works Against Migraines
As we have already mentioned, wine can be a migraine trigger, but grape juice is considered to be among the most effective ways that can help you relieve the pain and avoid the appearance of migraines. Grapes are full of B12, Vitamin C, as well as riboflavin. They offer numerous health benefits from preventing migraines, to improving the function of your liver.
Make sure you don’t buy grape juice from the store, because it might not contain the necessary healthy matters and is often full of sugar. Prepare some homemade grape juice.
Quick Homemade Grape Guide
- Use organic grapes. Remove them from the stems.
- Wash them into a colander with plenty of water.
- Use a blender to puree the grapes. Another thing you can do is to smash them with the help of a potato masher.
- Then, take the resulting mixture and put it in a pot on your stove for 10 minutes. The temperature should be medium. In case you notice clumping, break them with a potato masher.
- Put a cheesecloth over a jar or a glass to gain only juice.
- Leave your grape juice in the fridge for it to cool down.
- Drink the amazing juice and enjoy its healing properties!