You have probably already heard about the amazing benefits of turmeric for the human health. It’s also known as the golden plant.
Turmeric has powerful benefits that include:
- Protecting from the free radicals
- Reducing body inflammation
- Acting as a potent antioxidant
- Cleaning the blood
- Detoxing the liver naturally
- Preventing early aging
And many other things!
You should mix turmeric with black pepper because pepper contains an active compound called piperine which is increasing the bioavailability curcumin has. That is the main factor in turmeric, and it’s being increased by an amazing 2000 percent
How much turmeric you need to take?
Many people don’t exactly know how much of turmeric they take per day, and how often. This happens since there are numerous types of turmeric that you can choose from.
- Dried turmeric root powder, which is the most common
- Fresh turmeric root
- Tincture of curcumin
- Fluid extract
- Supplements with various curcumin percentages
What’s most important about the amount of turmeric that you can take, is the amount of curcumin that you consume. Curcumin is an amazing component contained in turmeric, and it has various healing abilities of which you should pay attention. .
The University Of Maryland Medical Center recommends the following dosage of curcumin you are allow to consume per day:
- Fresh Cut root: about 1.5 – 3 grams per one day
- Standardized powder (curcumin): around 400 – 600 mg, 3 times per one day
- Dried, powdered root: about 1 – 3 grams per a day
- Tincture (1:2): around 15 – 30 drops, 4 times per one day
- Fluid extract (1:1): about 30 – 90 drops a day
In case you want to use turmeric for some specific reason, we advise you to first consult your doctor, and get medical advice.
Here are some basic recommendations of the dose of turmeric used for different diseases:
- Osteoarthritis: around 500 mg two times a day of a specific turmeric extract (Indena, Meriva); or about 500 mg for 4 times per day of a non-commercial product was also been proved as effective
- For Upset stomach (dyspepsia): around 500 mg of turmeric, 4 times a day
- Rheumatoid arthritis: consume 500mg of turmeric two times daily of a specific formulation of the turmeric constituent,
To repeat, in case you want to use turmeric for some specific health problem, it’s always better to first consult a medicinal professional.
In general, the turmeric powder is considered as the most commonly used form of turmeric root. Even just a teaspoon of turmeric per one day could make a difference to your general health.
These are the recommended daily powder doses:
- Cut turmeric root: around 1.5 – 3.0 grams
- Dried powdered turmeric: around 1.0 – 3.0 grams
- Supplement: around 1.2 – 1.8 grams