Numerous experts have managed to prove how powerful turmeric is. It is abundant in medicinal properties and experts claim that it can help you against numerous problems: diabetes, blood pressure, immune system, liver problems etc.
Luckily, you can find turmeric everywhere! Its taste is neutral, so you can easily include it into your everyday diet. People mostly use it to prepare soups, curries, teas etc.
In today’s article, we’re going to present you a nighttime elixir with coconut milk and turmeric that will show you how valuable this root actually is!
Bedtime Elixir Made Of Coconut Milk And Turmeric
This kind of elixir will suit you very well because it will warm you up and at the same time, it’s extra delicious. It will help you sleep well, calm you down, but also help you to have an improved digestion. Take a look at the recipe. If you use it all the time, you’ll see its amazing actions.
This recipe is for 4 persons.
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of fresh and peeled turmeric (or you can use 2 tsp of powdered turmeric)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh and peeled ginger (or you can use 2 tsp of powdered ginger)
- 12 gently crushed peppercorns
- 2 tbsp of raw honey, a squirt of liquid stevia OR maple syrup
Put everything into a saucepan, but leave out the coconut oil. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. After that, turn off the heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes. Use a fine strainer or a cheesecloth to strain it. Add the coconut oil. If you need it to be sweeter, then add the maple syrup, stevia or raw honey. Enjoy!
Here are some of the benefits of this amazing elixir:
Coconut Oil And Coconut Milk
Coconut contains fat and fiber which help you have a balanced blood sugar and improve your sleep.
The amazing spice protects your liver, improves your brain and decreases inflammation.
This root possesses natural anti-inflammatory properties which can help people against bursitis, arthritis as well as other musculoskeletal problems. It will also calm your digestive tract down. It contains melatonin which is necessary for good sleep.
When you use it in small doses, it will relax you naturally.
Black pepper contains piperine which is known to improve the way turmeric absorbs. It is also full of some essential nutrients, like: iron, vitamin K and manganese which are recommended against digestive problems. Make sure you always combine turmeric with black pepper.
Here are some other benefits turmeric also offers:
– Improves your eye health
– Against brain tumors
– Improves the process of weight loss
– Decreases the risk of leukemia, skin cancer, myeloma, prostate cancer and metastasis
– A very powerful antioxidant
– It can decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
– Decreases inflammation
– Detoxifies the liver
– People with Parkinson’s disease will benefit from it
– Improves the body’s own antioxidant enzymes
– Can decrease the progression of multiple sclerosis
– Is a natural pain killer
– It eliminates the effects of chronic stress
– Increases the levels of BDNF (Brain-Derived Neuropathic Factor)
– Can help you against depression
– Improves your sleep
– Treats psoriasis
– Is antibacterial
– People who suffer from cachexia can gain weight if they use it often
– It helps against cardiovascular (heart) problems
– It can help against some stomach ulcers
– It has anti-aging properties
– H. Pylori, which mostly causes acid reflux can be eliminated if you intake turmeric often
– Can decrease the risk of heart attack by even 65%
– Can alleviate arthritis
Why It Is Better To Use Black Pepper And Turmeric Together?
When you take curcumin orally, its bio-availability level isn’t the best, so you won’t be able to obtain most of its benefits. When you combine it with black pepper, its effects become much stronger. In fact, some researchers claim that its effects are improved up to 2000% only with the help of ¼ of a teaspoon which contains black pepper! Make sure you always combine them together so that you can get the most of both of the spices!