People were obsessed with the use of spices since ancient times. They even travelled all around the world so that they can discover new spices. Still, Christopher Columbus was one of the people who were mostly led by the will to go across the ocean so that they can search for new spices like ginger, turmeric and cinnamon. One special spices that he looked for was black pepper.
Nowadays, people mostly use it for cooking and it’s rather overlooked, but in the past, people even used black pepper as currency. This amazing spice has to offer numerous beneficial properties. It especially has to offer a wide array of health benefits!
Health Benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil
The essential oil made of black pepper is abundant in these properties: laxative, antioxidant, carminative, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, stimulant, expectorant, antiseptic, diuretic, rubefacient, antispasmodic, febrifuge, diaphoretic etc.
- Good for the stomach: Black pepper is the one to increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid in our stomach. That helps our digestion and in the same time prevents diarrhea, colic and constipation. Also, the intestinal gas becomes reduced. Black pepper can also help us promote sweating and urination through which we remove all kinds of toxic matters from our body.
- Weight loss: Peppercorn’s outer layer is the one which breaks down fat cells. That’s why black pepper is the most ideal natural way to help us lose weight as well as fat.
- Skin health: Black pepper can help us cure vitiligo. During this condition, some areas of our skin become white. According to some scientific studies, the piperine which pepper contains can stimulate the production of pigment.
- Respiratory relief: Black pepper can help us relieve sinusitis and nasal congestion. It can also dissolve the phlegm and mucus present in our respiratory tract.
- Antibacterial activity: Black pepper is full of antibacterial properties which can help us against infections and insect bites. If we consume this amazing spice regularly, it will also cleanse our arteries that will in turn reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Antioxidant activity: The antioxidant properties black oil possesses can help us prevent or repair the damage caused by free radicals. That decreases the risk of acquiring any cardiovascular disease, cancer or liver problem.
- Neurological health: Piperine has the ability to decrease memory impairment as well as cognitive malfunction.
Still, it all depends on how you consume the black pepper. You can apply it topically, inhale it or ingest it.
If you want to ingest it, add it into steak or BBQ sauces. This oil is abundant in sesquiterpenes which are very powerful antioxidants. They are the ones that cause sweating and urination. These are the best 2 ways through which our body gets rid of the gathered toxins. The bile in our stomach is also increased when we ingest black pepper oil, so we start breaking down food faster and we have a healthier digestion.
This amazing oil can relax our mind and body. It’s best when we combine it with juniper or lavender. It can decrease the mental stress. It has especially been found to help people who have stopped smoking deal with stress.
If you combine this amazing oil with some carrier oil and apply it on your muscles, it will help you alleviate the pain and the cramps. It possesses antispasmodic properties. The antioxidant properties it possesses can remove the uric acid from our blood, so that’s why it’s especially beneficial for people who have problems with rheumatism, arthritis and gout.