The plant Tea tree got its name from the sailors from 18th century. They were using these leaves for preparing healthy and tasty teas. Now, there are over 300 species of teas, coming from Australia, and the oil from tea tree is derived by a steam distillation of the tea tree leaves.
This essential oil has numerous medicinal abilities, and we all know it from its presence in various skin products, shampoos and soaps. Tea tree oil is one of the most effective method for treating skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis.
In addition, the topical usage of this essential oil, is able to treat bronchial congestions, athlete’s foot, pulmonary inflammation, coughs, insect bites, boils, burns, abrasions, toothaches, cuts, ear, nose, and mouth infections, vaginal infections, earaches, recurrent herpes labialis, and many other diseases.
These are some ways to use tea tree essential oil and reap all its benefits:
- Combine several drops of tea tree oil and two tbsp. of honey. Mix it and apply on areas where you have acne.
- You need to mix five drops of tea tree oil and the same amount of lavender oil, one teaspoon of coconut oil, for relieving eczema and psoriasis
- It will help treat athlete’s foot and toenail fungus
- For soothing infections and cuts, you need to apply this oil topically
- Apply this wonderful oil on the warts and cure them very fast
- Add several drops to your humidifier and immediately relieve symptoms of asthma
- Apply this beneficial essential oil on the affected areas and soothe the sunburns very fast
- Mix tea tree oil, baking soda and coconut oil, and you will have a natural deodorant
- Make the same mixture and use it as a homemade toothpaste for preventing gum bleeding and tooth decay
- In case you have lice, you can remove them if you wash your hair with a shampoo in which you have added tea tree oil
- Combine one drop of tea tree oil and one teaspoon of olive oil, and drop this mixture into your ear to help yourself with earache
- Get rid of dandruff by adding Aloe Vera gel, lavender oil, and coconut oil into your shampoo
- Apply this oil on skin tags in you want to eliminate them on a natural way
- Add a few drops in your pets’ beds or crates in order to prevent fleas
- Swish a bit of tea tree oil and water in your mouth if you want to treat bad breath
- Spray this oil on your bathroom curtains and all the areas affected by mold, in order to eliminate it
- Use tea tree essential oil to freshen the carpets in your house
- Add couple of few drops of it in your washing machine to give your clothes a nice scent
- Its powerful anti-microbial properties are making tea tree oil a great household cleaner. You can use it for the countertops, sink, and the kitchen appliances. Just mix it with lemon essential oil, vinegar, and a bit of water.
Start using the wonderful qualities of tea tree oil to simplify and enhance your everyday life and health!