Coca-Cola is the world’s leading soft drink while the Coca-Cola company is among the most valuable companies in the world. Coca-Cola is also one of the most recognizable phrases in the world, and is cheaper than clean water in some third-world countries. The company tries to build a reputation as an environmentally conscious industry giant, but they aren’t doing a pretty good job. Coca-Cola has been associated with water shortage and pollution, which is slowly, but surely damaging their brand.
According to several studies, Coca-Cola is highly dangerous for our health. The studies have found out that the drink has a pH value one point higher than battery acid, which is truly shocking. The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with a value of 0-7 considered as acidic. Battery acid has a pH value of 1, while Coke’s pH value is 2-2.5! This is highly controversial and confirms the claims of some experts which have been saying that Coke is detrimental to our health for years. Another recent study showed that consuming Coke every day increases the risk of stroke and heart attack by nearly 50%, which is terrifying. However, billions of people are still addicted to the drink.
Although not exactly safe for our health, Coca-Cola is a perfect industrial-grade cleaning agent. It can clean different surfaces better than expensive cleaning products, and will do so without negative effects on your health.
Here are 10 domestic uses of Coke you weren’t aware about:
- Put some Coke on aluminum foil and rub your chrome surfaces to make them shine like new.
- Put your old ugly pennies in a glass of Coke and it will clean them up completely.
- Pour Coke in your toilet bowl, leave it to work for a while and flush to make it pearly white again.
- Pour some Coke in a burnt and greasy pan and leave it to work for 15 minutes, before rubbing the stains and rinsing with water.
- Coke is perfect for cleaning blood from your clothes, but don’t get any ideas!
- Pour some Coke on a towel and rub metal surfaces with it to easily strip pain off them.
- If there are oil stains on your garage floor, pour Coke over them and rinse with water after 5-10 minutes – your floor will be perfectly clean afterwards.
- Soak a sponge or aluminum foil in Coke and use it to strip rust from metal parts.
- Coke is a perfect engine cleaner for your car.
- The drink can remove stains from vitreous china more efficiently than any other cleaner.
Watch the videos below for more industrial uses of Coke: